Friday, October 24, 2008

Updates on things of late & a lovely Obama superhero shirt...

First off, I think this Alex Ross shirt is awesome.


It can be acquired over here if you are interested.

Okay, now on to more important things. Life hasn't been incredibly interesting of late but it has been busier, which is good. I've had more interviews, which has been taking up a lot of my time considering the driving & all. The down side to this is that the past few clients decided to go w/other candidates for their positions (often ones they ended up finding in-house). Honestly I can understand that, though, because the positions for which the temp.agencies are submitting me only sort of parallel what I've done before. They've not yet managed to nail down an actual admin.position yet, only jobs that are sort of similar in nature to my background. The second-to-last position for which I interviewed was something along the lines of assistance in event coordination. While I'm a quick study & a hard worker, the fact is the company was actually about 2 mos.behind in even searching for someone to replace the previous employee (I found this out a bit afterwards), so though they like me and were impressed with my background, what they were really looking for someone they didn't have to train considering their rather close deadline.


There are a few up sides, however, the first being that ea.o/my interviews have still gone extremely well, and each of the companies with whom I've interviewed have asked if I'd be available in the future for something in another department. Another is that I'm still getting far more interviews than I was just on my own and I've had slightly steadier temp.work in the meantime, which is good.


In addition, my most recent interview on Wed.evening seemed to go rather well. I spoke to the president of a company over in Herndon for just shy of an hour, after which point she said she'd like me to come in again this evening to meet with two more people who weren't available for the panel interview she tried to schedules on Wed. It would be an 8a-5p, M-F job, the position (Production Manager) sounds to be a combination of admin., operations, and cust.svc., and the location isn't too far from the house. The benefits are okay and the salary would be an improvement over anything else I've yet seen. Either way, however, we'll see how things go this evening & what kind of response the company sends back next week. With this economy & the job market the way it is, I'm not putting my eggs all in one basket.


Aside from that, this weekend should be fun. I've Petunia's baby shower on Sunday afternoon & a trip to the National Gallery of Art planned for Saturday morning. Other than those two things, I'll probably just stay home for the remainder of the weekend. Much as I'd like to socialize, that would require extra money that I can currently only allot to go in the tank of my car.


All right, have to go take care of a few things before the interview.


More later,


~E.

No comments: